Wild Things Embroidery Wall Art
..."we'll eat you up - we love you so!"
-Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
A classic, and a staple in our children's book library, Where the Wild Things Are is one of those stories that stands the test of time. The whimsical illustrations and feisty main character are beloved by kids and parents alike. Countless times I tickled and wrestled my own children, giggly-growling "mommy's going to eat you up!" to their squeals of delight as I nibble their little bellies and toes. It all comes from the iconic line in this story, "we'll eat you up - we love you so!".
Backed in beautiful and luxurious Vervain silk and cotton fabric from Italy, the dimensional shiny and woven textured fabric is a neutral color with shades of champagne, ivory, and taupe. The hand embroidered lettering is black with charcoal vine detailing. The hoop is a light natural wood.
The hoop measures 10 inches in diameter. You can hang the hoop directly on the wall or prop on a shelf, bookshelf, or dresser.
- Handmade and one of a kind fiber fine art
- Fabric is a luxury high end silk and cotton blend from Italy
- Embroidery is hand drawn and then stitched over, all free hand
- Fabrics are secured to the hoop with the back of the fabric left open for viewing
- A bridge between modern and vintage inspired design, this hoop will be a lovely addition for a wide range of spaces; a nursery, kids room, cottage, modern home, french country, or farm house decor.
- Can stand alone or add dimension and texture to a gallery wall or display space
This piece is ready to ship